HOME | SDU | IPO | BMS

School history


School history
UpdateTime:2017-05-16 23:57:45  Hits:12
1864 Tengchow, Boy's Boarding School was founded by Calvin Wilson Mateer
1876 Tengchow, the School was renamed as Tengchow College
1883 Tengchow, James Boyed Neal launched medical education in Tengchow College
1883-1911 Tengchow, Tsingchow, Tsinan, Zouping, various medical colleges were established around Shandong Province by American Presbyterian Mission and English Baptist Missionary Society
1903 those missionary medical colleges combined together to form Shantung Union Medical College
1911 Jinan, Shantung Union Medical College moved all its campuses to Jinan
1917 Jinan, Shantung Union Medical College became the Medical School of Cheeloo University
1932 Jinan, Shandong Provincial Medical School was established
1944 Huainan, New Fourth Military Medical School was founded
1947 Linyi, New Fourth Military Medical School was renamed as North East Norman Bethune Medical College
1948 Jinan, Shandong Provincial Medical School was renamed as Shandong Provincial Medical College
1948 Jinan, Shandong Provincial Medical College merged into North East Norman Bethune Medical College 
1949 Jinan, the united School was changed back the name as Shandong Provincial Medical College
1950 Jinan, Shandong Provincial Medical College was renamed as Shandong Medical College
1952 Jinan, the Medical School of Cheeloo University incorporated into Shandong Medical College
1985 Jinan, Shandong Medical College was renamed as Shandong Medical University
2000-now Jinan, the present School of Medicine evolved from former Shandong Medical University after the consolidation of Shandong University, Shandong Medical University and Shandong University.
 


Copyright © 2008-2017 SCHOOL OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES,SHANDONG UNIVERSITY Tel: (0)86-531-88382725